Thursday, May 5, 2016

I made a Swoon Pearl Wallet!

This has been a big week for me because I finally got up the courage to sew a wallet called Pearl by Swoon Sewing Patterns.  I was a little intimidated when I saw all the pattern pieces but I was able to make the entire wallet with only one small mistake that I easily changed.  I took it very slow and read all of the instructions carefully the entire time. 
So this wallet has been sitting on my table for a full 24 hours and I have yet to put anything inside of it.  It's so beautiful that I don't want to use it! 
I wanted to use up fabric that I had in stock so I went with a couple of prints from Joel Dewberry's Atrium collection.  I needed a coordinate but didn't want a solid so I went with the candy stripe from Art Gallery Fabric's Fantasia collection.  The entire interior was going to be the stripe but I changed my mind last minute and switched it to an Atrium coordinate.  I was worried that the stripes would make me cross eyed looking at them.  I purchased my hardware and interfacing from Joann Fabrics. 
I'm not sure that I will ever separate the billfold from the rest of the wallet but it has snaps on it so it can be done.  The only mistake I had made when sewing was putting the little swivel tab on the wrong side so once I saw what I had done I was able to move it before sewing it shut.  The wallet is nice and sturdy but yet it's still soft. 
This last photo is just showing off that wonderful little zipper pouch.  I have an iPhone 6 and it fits perfectly in there!  I never would have thought it possible but it does.  So if you want to dress your wallet up a little you can use it as a clutch and keep all your items in it for the day or evening.  I don't plan on using mine alone so the next one I make I will probably exclude the wrist strap.  I always like to make a pattern exactly as written the first time I make it so that I know exactly how it's supposed to turn out for future reference.  Now all I need to do is make a matching purse!  I have a pattern on hand already and will hopefully get started sewing soon. 

Have you sewn a Swoon pattern before?  If so, which one and how much did you like it?  Leave me a comment below!




No comments:

Post a Comment